Rabbit mystery illness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
An online friendof mine has a large mixed breed bunny that her daughter recently showedat the fair, as part of a Pet Rabbit project (for 4-H, I think).His name is Petunia :D

Since the fair, Petunia has been 'off'. He's still perky and seekingaffection, but he's not eating much and barely drinking at all. He iseating a small amount of hay, parsley, and treats (with due coaxing).The vet sent them home with Critical Care which he hates andthey're having a hard time getting into him.

The number one concern is his hydration, and the vet said that hepossibly picked up a virus at the fair. Is this possible? He couldn'tgive them an exact diagnosis, just said to call if Petunia got worse.

Even if you can't offer advice, I know they'd appreciate prayers :)

It's very possible that his trip to fair stressed him out, making him susceptible to a viral infection.

I use Nutri-Cal for cats/dogs for rabbits that are off theirfeed. It helps to stimulate the appetite and a tiny bit goesa long way. It also helps to keep the rabbit hydrated.

Pam

See, this is why I love the forum. I didn't even think to mention Nutri-Cal :foreheadsmack:

Thanks, Pam!

I dont know a lot about that stuff except I wish I did. I hope he gets well soon!:goodluck

Latest posts

Back