Rabbit moving his mouth too much

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaRabbit

Reaction score
My rabbit is very moving his mouth as if chewing, but is not.
What can it be?
Thanks guys! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408218323.833483.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Rabbit Forum

Thanks JBun, i will check her teeth.
I hope wasn't this, because she is so young and eat alfalfa blocks all day.
Thank you

Keep in mind it looks that way when a bun is eating its cecal poop. Sometimes I see my bunny just sitting there chewing and I wonder, what are you eating there lil fella? Then he dives down to lick his butt and I know he's just eating his cecals.

Hey!
I never see Lisa eating his cecal poop. One time she tas ta normal poop.

JBun! Her frontal teeth are small, maybe 3millimeters.
But I really need to take her to the vet to see the molars, because she it's making a weird noise, I can't know where this noise it's coming. But looks like a water in the nose, but no runoff.
The veg and hay are not enought?

Since she's still young, you should probably be feeding pellets as well to ensure that she's getting enough of the right nutrients. If you do start feeding her pellets, introduce them slowly to avoid stomach upset. Once she's stopped growing, then you can go to a no pellet diet if you want, but you have to use lots of varied types of greens, and it's something that's probably good to discuss with your vet.

Ok, thanks!
I give her pallets 3 times per day. three tablespoons in total.
You think I give more? Like totally free until she grow up?
Thank you so much

If she doesn't have free access to hay or grass all day, she needs to be getting more pellets. Young growing rabbits need to always have food to eat, as they need the nutrients.

If you believe the odd chewing behavior is not normal, and it's not just her munching on her cecotropes, then yes you should probably have a vet check her teeth, though it would be very unusual for her to have molar spurs at her young age. Not impossible, but it would be unusual.

Is the strange noise you are hearing, coming from her breathing and nasal passages? Could you describe the noise a bit more? Any sneezing or discharge at all? Is there matting on the inside of her front paws?

Latest posts

Back