rabbit mourning very selective eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttymeg

Reaction score
My dear lily passed away on wed at 5.5 years old. She lefy behind her daughter. They were bonded very strongly. Often her daughter laying on top of her just above the shoulders.
Shes lost some weight used to be 9 13. Today is 9 6.5
Shes drinking but only eating greens and hay and black oil dunfloeer seeds. She wont touch her oats which she loves and is outright refusing kibble.
To help her im cuddling her kidding her eyes and just trying to be supportive. Ive given her a stuffed animal which i dont think she cares for.
I do have lined up a male for her incase she doesnt bounce back i can pick up monday.
How long in other peoples experiences can the grieving process last for?
This is my first time experiencing a rabbit losing a companion. I would think her selective eating is better than not eating but how dustsinable is that other than force feeding her. Picture attached was her mom lily

Attachments

• received_237203354373251.jpeg
    received_237203354373251.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 4
I am so sorry to hear that. Your bunny was very pretty, he daughter must be pretty to. I would say give her a month or 2 if she doesn't perk up by then you could get her a buddy. As her eating goes try to get her to eat something other than what she is, try carrots, treat(not a lot), and other fruits. Then try to put the in the kibble and see if age will eat from there if not start force feeding.

Latest posts

Back