Rabbit loose poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Hi folks.
My rabbit has been getting soft poo and I do wipe his bottom when he lets me. He’s been to vets for his antibiotic injection yesterday for his abscess in mouth.and he’s been offered the fibre plus too. But I wondered if besides keeping him warm and keeping his bottom clean should I cut down his food over 24 hours to stableise him? Are there any suitable pet wipes to wipe his bottom that are safe to use? I’m in Uk.

But I wondered if besides keeping him warm and keeping his bottom clean should I cut down his food over 24 hours to stableise him?

Never, ever, starve a rabbit !!!!
Their digestion works way different to that of dogs or humans.

Offer lots of hay, and refresh or turn it over more often. I have a stock of special hay for such occasions, with stingy nettles, apple and ash leafes, butterbur and other tasty stuff. You want your rabbit to eat as much hay as possible. If anything, i would cut back on watery greens like salad.

Wipes? Just use a damp cloth. I wouldn't use any commercial throwaway wipes soaked with chemicals.

Last edited:
Never, ever, starve a rabbit !!!!
Their digestion works way different to that of dogs or humans.

Offer lots of hay, and refresh or turn it over more often. I have a stock of special hay for such occasions, with stingy nettles, apple and ash leafes, butterbur and other tasty stuff. You want your rabbit to eat as much hay as possible. If anything, i would cut back on watery greens like salad.

Wipes? Just use a damp cloth. I wouldn't use any commercial throwaway wipes soaked with chemicals.
Thanks he’s a senior rabbit 10+ and only has soft pellets now since 12 months ago due to dental issues. Must be the antibiotic injection yesterday. He’s never eaten hay he’s a rescue I got 2 years ago. I’ve got unscented baby wipes. But looks like the mushy poo has moved off his bottom. Thanks

Keep feeding your bun plenty of hay! Subsidize it's diet with a healthy amount of pellets and leafy greens! Our little guy loves bell pepper but this should be limited as it is considered a treat.

Latest posts

Back