Rabbit litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ek226

Reaction score
Howdy! As many of you know our beloved Yesterdays news was discontinued. I wanted to come onto here and see if anybody had any suggestions regarding good rabbit litter.
I have tried the wood stove pellets in the past, and one if my rabbits absolutely despised them.
However, I know some of the pet store brands have baking soda in them and should not be used. Therefore, I just thought I’d try my hand at asking you guys!
Thanks!

As @Preitler mentioned, the trick with wood stove pellets is to cover the top with about a half-inch of hay. That makes it very soft on their feet. Once I did that my bunny started spending tons of time in the litter box grazing on the hay. Now it's one of her favorite spots and she's eating way more hay to boot.

All that said, you can find alternatives to yesterday's news by googling "paper pellets." There's a brand called exquisicat among others.

As @Preitler mentioned, the trick with wood stove pellets is to cover the top with about a half-inch of hay. That makes it very soft on their feet. Once I did that my bunny started spending tons of time in the litter box grazing on the hay. Now it's one of her favorite spots and she's eating way more hay to boot.

All that said, you can find alternatives to yesterday's news by googling "paper pellets." There's a brand called exquisicat among others.

Exquisicat has baking soda which is not safe also the So Phresh Brand from Petco and The vibrant life brand from Walmart all have baking soda. The ones that don't have baking soda are the Fresh News only the one specifically for Small animals, also The Brand Back To Nature and any of the Small Pet Select Paper Pellets I've done tons of research and those are the only paper based pellets that don't have baking soda in them also care fresh has a Paper Pellets litter but the amount is so small and it doesn't have very good reviews , the others you get a lot and they have amazing reviews.

Latest posts

Back