Rabbit laying on her side a lot more than usual lately

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uhohxitsnami

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here, just looking for some advice on how to know if my rabbit is doing alright or not!

I’ve had Phoebe (4 year old English lop) for a few months now, and recently I went to Seattle for a week and left her at my mom’s. Ever since I came back and brought Phoebe back home, she’s been laying on her side quite a lot, and I’m worried she’s lethargic. She has eaten some greens and pooped, but I’m not sure if her appetite is 100% how it was before I left (she used to get excited when I gave her pellets in her bowl, but she’s been indifferent lately and hasn’t eaten them a whole lot, just some greens). She used to run around a lot more, but she hasn’t been doing that either.

Should I be nervous? How do I tell if Phoebe is happy to be home and is flopping and laying around, or if she’s lethargic and something is wrong with her? Her ears are warm, and I know she’s been chewing on a toy I gave her too. Any tips appreciated, thank you!IMG_1500.JPG

I really notice she is skinnier than usual. My mom said she ate a lot when she was watching her, so wondering if it’s from the past few days from being home? She doesn’t want to do anything still and seems perpetually sleepy? Getting worried. [emoji20]

Latest posts

Back