Rabbit is wobbly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobV8

Reaction score
Recently one of my rabbits is having a hard time balancing when he stands on his hind legs. Other then that he seems fine he is eating normal running around every thing he usually did. I've herd of floppy bunny syndrome and seen videos of it but it doesn't match up with his behavior. I have one possible idea. Recently I moved him into a rabbit tractor with wire on the bottom to stop my does from digging out when they are in there. This wire has large gaps(about the size of his backfoot) could the wire be causing foot problems?

Both ears seem to be clean and free from infection from what I can see but it could be further down in the ear

Could be EC. Take him to the rabbit vet, they may test or treat anyway with a month of Panacur and Metacam. To rule out ear infection they need to do at least an x-ray. You can’t see anything in the ear if it’s inner or middle ear infection.

My first bun, a dwarf hotot mix, got a bad ear infection once. Never saw anything in his ear. It was only when he lost balance and fell over on his side that we were able to tell. Took him to the vet and he was diagnosed and treated. He lived another three years.

Latest posts

Back