Rabbit is unwell, advice on why she’s ill?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chestnut

Reaction score
Hi, Chestnut is 6yrs +abit old, and she is ill. Last night she was not moving around the house, just staying in one place for ages and sitting by places she doesn’t usually go to. she was not eating and drinking much, her pee was dark yellow/ orange and she didn’t eat her fav treats like normal. she looked uncomfortable so she didn’t go in her cage for the night.

This morning she was laying down and had done some small poops. she was trying to get up but couldn’t and she has a snotty nose which led to her needing to breathe harder. I tried to get rid of the snot with a damp tissue but it hasn’t worked well. Later on, around 1/2 an hr her poops were big and soft, not the hard ones or the ceceteopes. she has not eaten or drank water when given.

Now, she is laying down flat on her side and her mouth keeps twitching. she cannot go to poop or pee so she does it where she is. we are taking her to the vets later. fingers crossed she will be okay.

Does anyone have ideas on what this is? Please reply ASAP & if u need any info pls ask.

I’m sorry but this is an emergency, you need to take her to a vet right now, not a later appointment.
It could be any number of things, but the fact she cannot get up and is toileting laying on her side is really not good news. I hope you have gotten help quickly since writing the post, all my love to your bunny xx

I would like to interject some perspective, 24 hour emergency vets are not available within a 100 mile radius to every person.

Take your rabbit to the vet ASAP! This rabbit is going to die! If you don't have an emergency vet near you see if a vet near you has walk in appointments. I hope she's okay! :(

Latest posts

Back