Rabbit is suddenly sensitive and fearful.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisrider1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had my Holland Lop rabbit for about 5 months now. She's spayed, potty-trained and free roam. We've developed a close bond where she isn't scared of me (for the most part). Recently, she's been very sensitive to little sounds such as tossing a t-shirt into my laundry basket. She'll jump up from her nap and run away, which is very unlike her. I'm not sure what's causing this, and I'm not sure how to solve it.

Does anybody have any thoughts? Thanks

Has there been a change in housing, smells, etc? Do you have fans running now that it is spring? There may be something that is scaring her and you just haven't noticed yet.

Not that I can think of, everything's been pretty consistent since we got her- so I'm a little concerned why she's so on edge

Has there been a change in housing, smells, etc? Do you have fans running now that it is spring? There may be something that is scaring her and you just haven't noticed yet.

Not that I can think of, everything's been pretty consistent since we got her- so I'm a little concerned why she's so on edge

She maybe sensing something outside or may have smelled another unfamiliar around door or on your close or shoes. Has there been any change I'm your daily routine? Also depending on the Bun personality and temperment, having them fixed can cause a change, no necessarily permanently but takes adjusting. I've had an experience where a stray dog kept lingering around my road and yard. This new and threatening sense(smell) had mine on gaurd. Just remember they can smell and sense things we can't. Instinct and if your a lover of fireworks I'd make sure your Bun is in her safe place. Best advice from personal experience is show her that your hers and she's yours, rebond if need be. I lay on my floor and get on their level. Don't take my next words wrong, your bond and trust you had before she was spayed maybe weakened. My mini lop decided he wanted Nada to do with me for several months after until healed and a lot of 1 on 1 time. Rabbits are extremely smart and emotional creatures. Her feelings maybe hurt BC she doesn't understand why she's in pain or why that happened. * I'm sorry I go overboard sometimes emotionally. Just give her time and affection.

It'll work out!

Latest posts

Back