Rabbit is acting normal but he pooped a batch of small poops?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hi, I have a rabbit that is almost 5 months. He’s 4 months and almost 4 weeks in. Yesterday and today he was pooping great and I noticed today when I refreshed his hay(fully cleaned) he pooped some small poops. They’re small and dark. I’m kinda worried but I feel like I might know the cause. My mom fed him some dandelion leaves(two) and I’ve almost mentioned to her that we can only feed him a limited amount and she never listens. Idk if that’s the cause as we also fed him some last week about 3-4 times and he wasn’t reacting to it if anything he was doing good with it. I told her to wait until we could feed him some again and here she goes again feeding him some as if I didn’t tell her. Could this be the cause because I know this herb can have a lot of calcium. Also is orange pee ok in rabbits? He’s always peed like that and tbh I’m pretty sure I know why. I’m pretty sure it’s from the plant pigmentation which is the purple leaf I give him. It’s a bunch of greens. I don’t feed him a lot of calcium because I know it can be unhealthy. By the way, the small dark poops just occurred right now earlier in the day before I cleaned his litter box his poop was normal and green. He’s also acting normal. Binky, listens to my calls, drinks water, eats his hay and most importantly responds to his favorite treats.

In healthy, normal rabbits, it's not unheard of for there to be an instance of smaller poops. There could have been a period he ate less hay than normal (maybe from being full from a few dandelion leaves). I wouldn't worry too much unless this becomes constant and you no longer see normal sized/colored poop.

Re: orange pee, yes that is normal and fine. One of my rabbit essentially only pees orange, even though he shares the same diet with my other rabbit, whose pee is more in the "normal" color range.

In healthy, normal rabbits, it's not unheard of for there to be an instance of smaller poops. There could have been a period he ate less hay than normal (maybe from being full from a few dandelion leaves). I wouldn't worry too much unless this becomes constant and you no longer see normal sized/colored poop.

Re: orange pee, yes that is normal and fine. One of my rabbit essentially only pees orange, even though he shares the same diet with my other rabbit, whose pee is more in the "normal" color range.
Ahh great. Now I can be less stressed

Latest posts

Back