Rabbit in the yard I'm not sure if it's wild or a domestic bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this picture I would not say it is a cotton tail, the face is too wide. It may be a mix.

ed

UploadedMay31028.jpg

That's true but cottontails and domestic rabbits can't mix. I'll venture to say that it's the snowshoe hare like Randy says only because I have never seen one and they could be similar to the cottontail.

I think so too! I was hoping I'd get to see a footsie.. and I did!
The first two are with flash.. the last two are just natural lighting.. slight difference in coat colour

UploadedMay31101.jpg

UploadedMay31094.jpg

UploadedMay31105.jpg

UploadedMay31097.jpg

Goregeous - just gorgeous.. I agree to keepa distance, but I SO want to see more of this wild bun - but don't want to intrude on nature.. Very cool that you posted and were able to even get, these photos..

He'll be white in the winter! OMG I am so jealous! I love them and we don't have them here! Look at that long back foot! :hearts: Still narrow feets which I didn't think hares had..... omg can you ship him to me? ;) I bet he was raised by people.

He looks just like my cottontail rescue, Gizmo. Except he is wider across the beam like the females in our yard. There are lots of wild bunnies in our neighborhood. They all look just a bit different, just like people do. Gizmo's mom had really short ears. Her litter was all mixed (ears of all lengths). I have no idea who the buck was, but I'll bet he had really long ears! Keep those wonderful
pictures coming!

Latest posts

Back