Rabbit ID

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelops

Reaction score
I've been trying to track down what type of bunny is Brooke, the large giant type white one I rescued and when I took her to the vet he thought she was a mixed breed American that was being used for meat production... well.. that's nice but I still don't have a breed... If anyone has an idea, please let me know. I've posted pics of her online in my gallery and in my avatar and can post one here also..

Thanks
Vanessa

IMG_0443.jpg

I think she is an English Spot...

Does she have a "racing stripe" down her back? English Spots have that in addition to the spots. Ten pounds is also a bit large for a Spot, which average 5-8 pounds.

englishspot-detail_8297-8039.jpg

See the pictures on the English Spot page from the RO rabbit key.

At ten pounds, she might be at least part Checkered Giant - again they have racing stripes, but the spots are mostly just in front of the hind legs, which fits.

checkeredgiant-detail_8393-8048.jpg

There is more information on the Checkered Giant page from the key.

Last edited:
The picture is far away, but she looks like a broken chinchilla (variety, not breed). It's hard to tell from the photo, but is her fur very shiny? Like a Satin?

Definitely not a Checkered Giant or English Spot.

She does not have the racing stripe but has almost everything else from the English Spot, she is in Grey instead of Black but they can come in other colors other than Black. She is 8 pounds and close to a year old. She is a rescue so I'm going off what they told me at the rabbit rescue. I'm enclosing a photo of her inside the animal carrier that the rescue ran online when they first got her. She looks really scared. She could very well be a mix... which is what the vet thought but couldn't be more constructive with exactly *what* he thought she was other than a nice big bunny!

I wouldn't call her fur shiny... but it sure is soft... and it comes off some like shedding when I stroke her alot.. I agree she is a 'mutt' type rabbit but I love her just the same!!

As for better photos. I will see what else I can dig up and post here. I'll try to take more photos of her and post some more later on tonight. These are the few I have handy that I can immediately post. I'll try to get some of her sitting and in some other poses.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

Latest posts

Back