Rabbit Hopping...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Our jumps are made of wood and we use film canisters for the jump cups....
:yeahthat:

330zbs3.jpg

I thought this was the coolest thing when I found out about it a few years ago. Just didn't have a bunny then lol But I have one now and would love to get her involved, especially since she is soo active and curious. I don't know if I should start her jumping yet since she is still kinda young (about 4 months). But could probably start getting her used to a harness. I'd love to watch video tutorials on how to get started :)

Awesome! I just got really active in the bunny world about a week ago and got a young bunny that will be soley mine(don't have to share with my sister) about a month ago. A few days ago, I found out about this and the manyother things that I didn't know you could train a rabbit to do. Then, I came on here and found this thread! I'd love to learn how to start rabbit hopping. How old do they have to be to start training? I'll start the harness training tomorrow after I get a harness! This is going to be so FUN!

Harness training can begin as young as 8 weeks of age. The actually training for hopping shouldn't begin until the rabbit is about 4 to 6 months old, because they are still growing and if you start them too young, they could develop problems later on. It's basically the same theory as horses; horses have to first get basic training and then they don't start jumping training till probably about 6 or 7 years old....but I dont' really know for horses. lol.

Kate, that'd be awesome if you could get some video clips!! I kind of want to do a commentary along with the clips but I don't have a good enough video camera/digital camera to film me talking along with the rabbit doing whatever. lol. Anyway, I will think of what I might need first, and then I will let you know! :)

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Kate, that'd be awesome if you could get some video clips!! I kind of want to do a commentary along with the clips but I don't have a good enough video camera/digital camera to film me talking along with the rabbit doing whatever. lol. Anyway, I will think of what I might need first, and then I will let you know! :)

Emily
OK. Our next practise is on Nov 6 (next week), so I need to know by then. If you haven't figured out what you need by then, you will most likely have to wait until Dec as I don't know if we will have any demos in Nov.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:

Emily
OK. Our next practise is on Nov 6 (next week), so I need to know by then. If you haven't figured out what you need by then, you will most likely have to wait until Dec as I don't know if we will have any demos in Nov.

Alright, will definitely let you know before then if I think of anything. ;)

Like stated above, I'm so busy and really stressing out right now about my Senior Project...So don't know how much of this I can get done right now at least... ;)

Emily

Latest posts

Back