Rabbit help- Febreeze

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pupertin

Reaction score
My child sprayed the rabbit in linien fabreeze on the hind end they aren't the tanmest of bunnies I rescued them severe days ago so haven't been able to get to them. To wash off will they be okay?

I,'m not familiar with that product and would look up the product data sheet if there is anyting mentioned about getting it on skin.

i think wiping them with a wet towel would imo best if it's rather harmless stuff. Do not bath them unless necessary, getting a soaked rabbit dry again is a real chore. If it needs to be done, only get the necessary areas wet, like putting their rear in a shallow container. Put something on the bottom so they have some grip, makes things easier.

Yes, look up the product data. I doubt there's anything too harmful since it's meant to be sprayed in our homes and on surfaces that people have frequent contact with, but also consider that rabbits lick their fur, so will ingest some of it. So I would also check for any ingestion warning.

I agree, that unless bun was soaked with it, I would just wipe off with a damp towel. Any bathing of rabbits carries risks of potential shock or even cardiac arrest, especially with rabbits unused to human contact and interaction. So bathing should only be a very last resort and only done for the safety of the rabbit if the chemicals are very harmful to ingest. And then not getting more of the rabbit wet than is absolutely necessary, and drying carefully and thoroughly.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bathing_rabbits

I’m not sure about bunnies I do know you can’t spray it around birds it used to have a warning about that on back of it unless it’s changed so I don’t use it cause of my parrots

I have heard in the past not to spray Febreeze around rabbits, but I would imagine one spraying instance isn’t going to be much of an issue. I think it’s because they have such sensitive respiratory systems and the ingredients are pretty iffy, even for humans.

What I think to know about Febreeze, it doesn't actually eliminat smell. That is an physicly almost impossible task. What it does is numbing your smell receptors and overpowering smells with artificial stuff. None of that is good, in any way, other the profit. I wouldn't use that anywhere near humans, or children.

Latest posts

Back