Rabbit has separation anxiety after lockdown...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyBabe

Reaction score
Hi all.

So, my bun has become completely dependent after lockdown. We’ve been around 24/7 for three months and he can now not cope with us being away, even for a few hours.

He always poops and eats in the evening, without fail, but the last few times we’ve been out for the evening, we have come back and he has not pooped or eating anything. When we’re back, he’ll run around and binky and then eat away.

We used to be able to leave him for a night - but I can’t risk that now, does anyone have any advice??

I am aware that we need to get him bonded, he has only just been neutered and we are moving into our new house very soon.. so we will do that, we just can’t do that yet!

Does anyone have any advice? :)

thanks!!

Hi, can you train him if you start leaving him for an hour (or even less) then gradually increasing, you don't have to leave every evening if he is free roam you can just hide from him somewhere maybe? also would help if you leave a radio on or cd or tv on so he won't be left in a complete silence.

Latest posts

Back