Rabbit has eye problem, need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satrevino

Reaction score
Hello, I just joined this website after such a long time of looking at advice from here. I have a 9 month old blue Holland Lop and she has one eye that started watering a couple days ago. It’s not sore, red or swollen, but it just waters a lot. She is acting, eating, pooping and peeing normally. I can’t go to the vet at this time unless it’s an absolute emergency, so I’m trying to treat it at home. I rinse out her eye with water 2-3 times a day. Would anyone know what it is and what medication (eye drops, creams) to use to cure it?

Hello, I just joined this website after such a long time of looking at advice from here. I have a 9 month old blue Holland Lop and she has one eye that started watering a couple days ago. It’s not sore, red or swollen, but it just waters a lot. She is acting, eating, pooping and peeing normally. I can’t go to the vet at this time unless it’s an absolute emergency, so I’m trying to treat it at home. I rinse out her eye with water 2-3 times a day. Would anyone know what it is and what medication (eye drops, creams) to use to cure it?
My husband is a pharmacist. I know there are eyedrops for humans that are available without a prescription but not easy to find. I would look at farm and country type stores online as well as sights like chewy or petmeds.com and look to see what OTC they sell that matches your rabbit's needs.

The water you use to wash the eye should be sterilized first, or you can use a saline eye wash. For antibiotic eye treatments we’ve used Terramycin which a vet gave us. You might also find something at a feed store.

Latest posts

Back