Rabbit Has Cold Ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlopsyBunnies4

Reaction score
Hi!

I have noticed that my 1.5-year-old Holland Lop, Beatrix's ears are cold. Is this normal? My other three bunnies' ears are usually warm and her ears seem cold. Sometimes when she's been running around in the play area or I snuggle with her, her ears get warm but mostly they're cold. I first noticed this in the fall when she had a blockage and when we took her to the vet they said her temp was low. She pulled through and is doing great now, eating, playing, totally normal as far as I can tell. They live in a room in the garage and the temp is set at 60 degrees. Her pen is up against the garage door and it might be a little drafty. Currently, it is 10 degrees outside and snowy. Beatrix is not spayed but I plan to spay her in the spring. Is she okay? I'm worried about her and love her so much.

She may just get cold easier than your other rabbits. As long as a rabbit is eating, drinking, pooping, and acting normally otherwise, then I'm usually not too concerned if their ears are a little cold. But if they've stopped eating and are acting lethargic, it can be a concern for GI stasis or another health issue, which may require immediate attention and vet care.

Latest posts

Back