Rabbit has a booger and is sneezing ( is this a huge concern? )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelonBread

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a little worried about our male Holland lop named Buttercup. He has been sneezing on and off, usually when he’s eating hay ( it may just get stuck ) but now it’s away from his hay... Then I noticed a booger that was white, stuck on his nose. Should I be worried about this? Do I need to bring Buttercup to the vet?

Yes. You need to take your bunny to vet. My bunny had same symptoms and it turned out to be an infection. So glad I noticed it and took my bunny to vet.

No. Trust me I thought my bunny was ok too. Then next day her nose was wet and fleece blanket too. I took her to vet straight away. Don’t take any risk.

he could also have what is called "snuffles". In any event you really need to take your bunny to the vet right away. Any time your rabbit appears to be ill it can be so much worse than you think it is. They are great at hiding illnesses, so by the time you notice something is wrong it can be too late. A trip to the vet is a MUST.

My bunny has snuffles and is currently under treatment . I took him for a check up today and he’s lost weight . Can any one advice how I can put weight back on him .? Vet says feed hay herbs etc which I already do . He’s not eating pellets so I’m syringe feeding him he’s due to go back Monday for another check up .

I'm sorry to hear about your poor little guy. I am glad you took him to the vet and he is getting the care he needs to get better.

What are you syringe feeding him? There are lots of people who can help you here. I am not an expert on this topic; but, have you tried "critical care"? It is made for just this sort of thing. It will help him get the nourishment he needs.

I’m syringe feeding him recovery food and I’ve ordered him some oxbow critical care and fibre plex just waiting for it . He’s been in treatment for 5 weeks I think there’s alittle improvement . He’s had only 7mls of recovery so far today I’m not sure how much he needs but I’m thinking at this stage something is better than nothing

I have done everything foe my boy so far and I feel like I’m now hitting my head on a brick wall . He’s having a nibble on his greens now which makes me happy

I hope so I feel like I should be doing more but the vet said there is nothing else I can do at this stage . But thank you fingers crossed he’ll pull through

Latest posts

Back