Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseTheLionhead

Reaction score
Yesterday Eclipse had diarrhea, with force feeding her hay and pellets its cleared up abit (not fully back to normal, not big and round like they used to be). Last night I was hanging out with her and she attacked me. This wasn't like her so I check her dig box and I see SIX BABY KITS THAT WEREN'T THERE IN THE MORNING. I washed my hands and arms and put gloves on to check her kits out. They all look very healthy. She still has a vet appointment for tomorrow. Any tips or things I should do/watch out for with her and her kits? I put food down for her but she won't eat nor move at all. I picked her up and there was a huge wet spot that was under her as well. I had no idea she we pregnant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-050255.png
    Screenshot_20210411-050255.png
    765.1 KB · Views: 13
Give her rest now, offer every food she's used to. Also soaked pellets.
If she doesn't start eating soon I would force feed a little, some ml of paste, and give water, sometimes that gets their appetite started. What exactly was wrong before, the reason for the vet appointment?
How do you force feed hay and pellets, apart from making a paste from it?

If there's still a buck around, seperate right now.

Give her rest now, offer every food she's used to. Also soaked pellets.
If she doesn't start eating soon I would force feed a little, some ml of paste, and give water, sometimes that gets their appetite started. What exactly was wrong before, the reason for the vet appointment?
How do you force feed hay and pellets, apart from making a paste from it?

If there's still a buck around, seperate right now.
Yesterday morning she had diarrhea all on her butt and fur, i cleaned her butt off and hand feed her (not force that was the wrong wording) and she ate it fine and slowly formed thick poops. I'm not too sure why that happened so i called the vet to get a appointment asap. the soonest they had was Monday afternoon (tomorrow at 4)

Then she had her babies at 3am (that's when I saw them at least). The male is separated right now in a x pen, still around her but cant get to her and the kits at all.

I just made kinda a paste from alfalfa hay pellets and water and used a dropper to feed her. I gave her as much as I could until get started to run away from me. her fav food is out and i won't bug her of the rest of the night. but it makes me nervous that she is in stasis.

Not too sure what else to do.

Enticing her to eat is never wrong, you can offer safe greens like bramble, rose leaves, apple leaves, narrowleaf plantain, etc. additionally if you can get some.
Normally their appetite comes back within a few hours after giving birth, you can practicly free feed her, nursing does don't get fat.

Give her privacy around dusk and dawn, so that she can feed the kits undisturbed. Don't stress her. If her poops return to normal until tomorrw I would postpone the vet visit a few days, if that is possible. If something is still off I would see the vet.

If the buck was with her when she gave birth she might be pregnant again already, but that dosn't change anything right now.

Such a bitter sweet time. But so glad they are thriving. And giving you something to keep your mind busy.
How's pancake ?(right name? Assuming dad?)

Latest posts

Back