Rabbit Gravity Water Bowl???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyRabbit7

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking to get my bunny a gravity water bowl, but the ones I see on amazon are plastic and easy to tip over. Does anyone have suggestions for good gravity water bowls?

looking for something like this, just not spillable

upload_2020-2-15_21-11-4.jpeg

if you get a big one, it should be heavy enough from all that water in there so that s/he cant tip it over.

My experience wasn’t great with this. My bun tips over every water bowl I get him so I tried the exact one you posted. It didn’t tip because the weight of the water jug held it down pretty well but everyone rabbit has a different menace threshold.

I found I had to change the water pretty often since hey or fur shedding would make its way into the bowl. So, it didn’t really save me any time and a large bowl that I changed once a day was just easier.

I use the bowls that clip on the enclosure walls. I’ll attach a link.

https://www.chewy.com/lixit-quick-l...MI9KPY6ZrV5wIVyJ-zCh0iuAELEAQYAiABEgLOY_D_BwE

I also use the kind that twists onto a clamp. I have some of the ones that @Gelly has, but prefer the clear versions because it is easier to see through the bowl to see that clamp. I get the 20 oz. size.
upload_2020-2-16_11-55-4.png

For some time I used fish cans with a upside down glass bottle, secured with 2 loops of wire to the hutch wall. Was a pita to clean the bottles. A wire loop that can be tilted up would secure the pictured kind of bottle too.

Anyway, as Gelly said, there gets dirt in the bowl, and a simple big bowl is easier to clean and lasts 2 days too. In winter I sometimes put a wooden cover on the bowl with a cutout to drink, to keep it from freezing in real cold weather (there's a electric heating pad under it), that would keep dirt out too.

I use heavy ceramic bowls meant for something floristic, and steel water bowls for dogs (top smaller than the bottom, they can't tip that over), they hold about 1 litre.

Latest posts

Back