Rabbit giving at two week mark

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, Today just over 2 weeks after breeeding my Dutch rabbit I found blood on the bottom of the cage and they want to build a nest. What does this mean? Are they getting ready to have an early stillborn litter? Please help thank you!

Is it normal for a rabbit to bleed randomly during pregnancy? Cause she now seems to have stopped and started eating some hay. She has fully built her nest and pulled out some hair for it. This will be her second litter she built her nest early last time. I just curious about the random blood.

Oh dear. It's very possible she had a miscarriage. It is not normal for a doe to bleed, just make sure you are not mistaking it for red pee! Does she seem in discomfort / pain? Keep a very close eye on her - I would recommend still waiting it out as it could have been something else and she could still be carrying a litter. You mentioned plural words, is it more than one who have been having this issue? Normally false pregnancies are noted by early nest building.

Oh dear. It's very possible she had a miscarriage. It is not normal for a doe to bleed, just make sure you are not mistaking it for red pee! Does she seem in discomfort / pain? Keep a very close eye on her - I would recommend still waiting it out as it could have been something else and she could still be carrying a litter. You mentioned plural words, is it more than one who have been having this issue? Normally false pregnancies are noted by early nest building.
She does not seem to be in pain she ate her pellets over night. No it is just the one. She did build a nest and put hair in it.

Latest posts

Back