Rabbit genital area is wet after peeing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearBear2020

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I noticed that my rabbit's genital area was wet after peeing. Its literally the area around his genitals, not his tail or hindlegs. I've mostly noticed it mostly after he pees since its not wet all the time. He has a grate on top of his litterbox so he is not sitting on his pee. He is eating and acting normal. The color of his urine is the same and there is no sludge. I haven't noticed him being outside of his litter box. I haven't noticed any loss of fur. If this continues I will bring him to the vet but I want to know if anyone else has experienced this. Also I'm not sure whether its normal for his genital area to be wet after peeing.

Thanks!

No, it's not normal. How old is he? Arthritis can make it painful for them to be in the correct stance for peeing. I think a visit to the rabbit vet would be wise.

Hi everyone,

I noticed that my rabbit's genital area was wet after peeing. Its literally the area around his genitals, not his tail or hindlegs. I've mostly noticed it mostly after he pees since its not wet all the time. He has a grate on top of his litterbox so he is not sitting on his pee. He is eating and acting normal. The color of his urine is the same and there is no sludge. I haven't noticed him being outside of his litter box. I haven't noticed any loss of fur. If this continues I will bring him to the vet but I want to know if anyone else has experienced this. Also I'm not sure whether its normal for his genital area to be wet after peeing.

Thanks!
Visit a vet if you are not sure.

Latest posts

Back