Rabbit fur looks odd!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
E15BCB6C-0A06-42ED-9E1F-90DCB2ACD7FD.jpeg Hi, so I have a rabbit she’s 7 months old had her since she was a baby, today I noticed the weird patch of fur it’s like short but it’s some what bald on the sides of it. It,s near her ear and head. Should I be concerned?! Has this ever happened to your bunnies? What could it be? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hard to say from the picture... I've never seen something like that before. A few questions that might help us figure this out:
~ Is your rabbit housed alone or with another rabbit?
~ Does it feel normal other than being short or does it feel like there may be a scab, welt or other oddity beneath the fur?
~ Does the skin look irritated at all?

Hard to say from the picture... I've never seen something like that before. A few questions that might help us figure this out:
~ Is your rabbit housed alone or with another rabbit?
~ Does it feel normal other than being short or does it feel like there may be a scab, welt or other oddity beneath the fur?
~ Does the skin look irritated at all?
My rabbit is housed alone I want to get her spayed before I get her another bun.
It feels soft but at the same time like a thick piece of fur, when I pet her the opposite way her fur goes it feels clumpy . I don’t see any thing underneath but it’s really hard to look between the fur because it’s so thick. It’s really weird. I see no signs of the skin being irritated neither. Thank you for a response!

It is hard to say from photo but some of my rabbits had something very similarly looking, it was just new fur growing where one of my buns had a false pregnancy and pulled lots of fur, so in some places I noticed this new fur growing, then another bun I foster her she had bad wounds on her back and after healing and all her fur started to grow like in your pic. So it looks to me like just new healthy fur growing and nothing wrong, if skin around looks healthy I wouldn't worry about it just maybe keep an eye it should fully regrow in a few weeks. Keep us updated

It’s normal. When you bunny molt sometimes you can see the new fur coming.

Myself have seen it many times, but it’s only because my bunny get ugly naked patches all over his body and I can see the fur grow. But only if I brush him, if I don’t brush him, I will find small fur patches growing under the fur he’s molting ^^

If the molting fur disappear it turns naked around the small new growing fur. Maybe should take a picture of him when he molts and covered with naked patches.

Went to a vet once when he molted and was covered with those patches. The vet looked weird at me and ask if it was normal. Just told the truth he was molting and could get naked patches but the fur will grow out.

Good thing that my lop doesn´t molt like that. When he molts, the shedding parts will be lighter in colour than his normal fur(except the whites which remain that tone) so i know exactly where to pay special attention to when combing him. Most of the time i can pull the loose hair out easily and then, odd-looking, darker patches of short, rougher fur appear. He gets no naked spots, but it´s still fun to see him hop around with an oval shape almost cut out of his sides. In a few weeks time the patches will have become full-grown fur.

Wish my bunny did that, naked patches truly get people to stare at you and him. So brushing him he get ugly naked patches and not brushing he get too much fur in the stomach.

Often his behind and head get the worse naked patches ^^

Wish my bunny did that, naked patches truly get people to stare at you and him. So brushing him he get ugly naked patches and not brushing he get too much fur in the stomach.

Often his behind and head get the worse naked patches ^^
thank you for all the response glad it’s nothing to worry about! ” ugly naked patches” ;D lol

Fall is a time for allergies. A rabbit can develop allergies anytime during their live. I don't know if it is allergies, but I know that it could be.

thank you for all the response glad it’s nothing to worry about! ” ugly naked patches” ;D lol

After a weak it will be fully grown out, especially you can see the fur growing.

My family always laugh when we see him during the molting periods.

He still think he looks fabulous and can use his beauty to seduce people. His seduction power drops a lot and it get harder for him to get treats ;)

shad2000, my 8-month-old female bunny has this exact same patch behind her ear/near her shoulder area. im so thankful for this thread and the responses!

Latest posts

Back