Rabbit Food Toppers?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbunnyx

Reaction score
Hi there,
When I feed my buns their pellets, I wonder if there are things you can enhance the pellets with. Like food toppers, for instance, I was at the Petstore the other day and I was getting some dog food and dog food toppers which is basically wet dog food/things to make the plain food better. I thought about it and realized there isn't really rabbit food toppers in the store. I've heard that rolled oats are good for rabbits and make good toppers, I was wondering if there are any other dry foods that they can eat as food toppers with their pellets?

Pellets for rabbits are very rich and are like treats in and of themselves. That is why they should be so limited -- they typically go crazy for them. Oats are very high in carbs and should not be overfed. So while dry dog food may be boring for dogs, pellets are super delish for most rabbits.

Here's some more on treats if you'd like to offer some treats separate from pellets.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/treats.html

I can top my bunnies pellets with herbs sometimes but they will always go crazy for pellets. So you don’t really need any food toppers.

I can use dried mint and dandelion leafs ☺️

I agree with everyone else. My dog detests his wet food but Apollo goes crazy over pellets! If you want a ‘food topper’ though, smallpetselect has a few herbal medleys that would be good!
Or you could get your own forage (herbs, twigs, flowers, clover, even grass - if your rabbit is vaccinated).

Unless your yard is sterile, there are an awful lot of "weeds" that rabbits adore. Dandelions and white clover are favorites of my rabbit.

Latest posts

Back