Rabbit food for young rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieRae

Reaction score
I feed Manna Pro to my adult rabbits. I have 12 kits in the nest box and need a young rabbit food. I cannot get Manna Pro GRO formula in my area without paying almost $20 to ship it. My nursing does HATE the oxbow young rabbit feed. Are there any recommendations on another young rabbit pellet food?

Looking at the ingredients in Manna Pro the Pro formula looks fine for growing rabbits. For lactation it’s a little low in protein but I don’t think that’s a huge issue lactation require 17% and the pro formula has 16%. We mixed two Purina foods for our buns one with 16% and the other with 18%. Our buns did fine with this.

Well, I don't think 1% up or down does do much in reality, the many kinds of "special" pet food exists because people are willing to pay for it. It might make a difference if the goal is butchering weight at 10 weeks, in industrial production that may be an issue.

In my opinion whatever the doe eats is ok for the kits too, it's her they get their first set of gut bacteria from.
Rabbits didn't evolve with formulated pellets, and their digestion didn't change much the short time they are domesticated (or since special, convenient food in form of pellets are available)

Latest posts

Back