Rabbit Eye Health

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timo.b.bunny

Reaction score
Hello!
I’m a new mom to an almost 10-week old holland lop bunny. I noticed that the fur at the base of his right eye is matted down as if it was wet. I’m wondering if he might have some kind of infection or if this is a sign of the beginning of one? Or maybe he just has a wet eye and I shouldn’t be too concerned? He was zooming around like crazy as usual this morning, binkying, and exhibiting his normal behaviour. Any thoughts? Thank you!62F64186-6E9E-43AC-9E7C-CFE6D75B7EAC.jpeg8ABEF13A-A0DE-4334-A13F-4CE99457557E.jpeg

Hi there and welcome to the forum! It could be a start of an infection or teeth issues. Can you tell what the color of the discharge is? Another thing that’s common in rabbits is a blocked tear duct.

Hi there and welcome to the forum! It could be a start of an infection or teeth issues. Can you tell what the color of the discharge is? Another thing that’s common in rabbits is a blocked tear duct.
Thanks for the reply!
I can’t tell what colour the discharge is... I don’t see any white mucous or anything... it seems to be colourless and his hair is just a bit matted in the corner of his eye. So maybe it’s a blocked tear duct?4194C532-8199-4708-958C-3D4FDD89540D.jpeg

Thanks for the reply!
I can’t tell what colour the discharge is... I don’t see any white mucous or anything... it seems to be colourless and his hair is just a bit matted in the corner of his eye. So maybe it’s a blocked tear duct?View attachment 52386
Yea this happened with my lil boy, we took him to the vets and got given eye drops and some antibiotics jus incase and he's all good now gets some eye crust every now and then but all in all he's pretty happy aha

Hello, did you manage to get the teary eye cleared? My female bunny has been having teary eye such as this. it started with left eye and now having teary eye on her right eye as well.

I just went to the vet because of the same issue (watery eyes) the vet did a fluorescein dye test and said my riri is positive with mild corneal ulcer and its prone to infection. She then prescribed me antibiotic drops and eye drops. We will go back after a week if there's no improvement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 8569248F-97F4-48B4-AA48-E783E0317DC7.jpeg
    8569248F-97F4-48B4-AA48-E783E0317DC7.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 5
I just used this antibiotic eye drop 4 days ago to my bunny eyes. It is same solution but different brand. It was leftover for myself's eye. I made one drop each eye and lift the lower eyelid by 2 fingers. Inside eyelid is a large pocket, so the medicine went into the pocket. Only one drop, she is completely cured from white discharge. Used other mild eye drop, not working then switched to this.

Latest posts

Back