Rabbit eating puffed rice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

May_gene00

Reaction score
Hi again! Weird thing happened and I don't know if it's a problem?!
I left a packet of puffed rice on the floor and minutes later my bun was seen eating it. She had tied the cover and was munching on it. I don't know if people know how puffed rice looks. It's just plain popped rice, white in colour with no other ingredients mixed. If you'd Google "puffed rice" you'll be able to see it.
I have kept the packet away as I'm not sure if she can eat it without it harming her. Could you guys throw some light on the matter? Should I let her much on it sometimes?
Thank you :)

It's okay that she got into it this once (the little bit she ate won't hurt her), but definitely don't allow her to have it in the future. Carbohydrates, including cereal, crackers, bread, grains, corn, etc. are all on the "no no" list. Rabbits are prone to diabetes and obesity if they eat these calorie-rich foods because their bodies are designed to constantly eat very low-calorie and fiber rich food (ie hay/grass).

Oh! Thank you so much! I'll be keeping it away from her. :)
It's okay that she got into it this once (the little bit she ate won't hurt her), but definitely don't allow her to have it in the future. Carbohydrates, including cereal, crackers, bread, grains, corn, etc. are all on the "no no" list. Rabbits are prone to diabetes and obesity if they eat these calorie-rich foods because their bodies are designed to constantly eat very low-calorie and fiber rich food (ie hay/grass).

Latest posts

Back