Rabbit doing...what!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
A friend posted this on her Facebook and after watching it multiple times, I figured I'd share it! It's very adorable.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeuL5IGimCQ&list=WLF4D67B9EFB95E483&index=7&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Rabbit herding sheep!

Emily

Oh my goodness, that's amazing!! I wonder if the rabbit can actually get the sheep to go somewhere that the farmer wants or if the rabbit just enjoys wielding power over the sheep.

It reminded me of Babe too!
I'm not sure if he knows commands. From the looks of it, he probably just learned by watching the dogs do it.

He knows how to keep them together though, and that's an important part of herding sheep! lol.

Emily

LOL! There were a few times it looked like this:
Sheep; 'I'm not taking orders from a rabbit, so there! Now watcha gonna do?'
*rabbit does his thing*
Sheep; 'Ruuuuuun!'

This is really funny! The sheep just don't know what to do or think!

Sheep 1: "Oh, come on! What are you gonna do you? You're just a rabbit!"
Sheep 2: "Yeah, just try something you little puffball!"
*rabbit charges*
Sheep 1: "EEEEKKK!!! RUNNNN!!!"
Sheep 2: "Help! Help! The big scary rabbit is gonna get us!!!!"

:p

I've watched it a couple times now trying to figure out what the rabbit is doing. Is he playing? Has he really been trained to herd sheep? What? I think I've figured it out: The rabbit has claimed the dirt area in front of the barn as his territory and he's driving the sheep out of it. You'll notice when the guy with the feed bucket leads the sheep back into that area, the rabbit goes right after them. Not to say I think the rabbit is any less clever or brave taking those sheep on! The sheep look really dumb here being chased around by a little bunny, that's for sure!!!

But, man, they don't call it "rabbitude" for nothing! He doesn't care that the sheep are five times his size, he's not sharing his patch of dirt with those hooved hay burners!

:D

Rue

Latest posts

Back