Rabbit digging on me like it’s a sport

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicksully71

Reaction score
So our rabbit is about 3 months old (just started hitting puberty) and he loves to dig specifically on me I can pick him up and set him in my lap (he doesn’t mind being held...most of the time) and after a few pets he will start digging in my shirt like crazy and stop and bit my shirt pull on it then dig more if I let him and it’s just when I put him in my lap he just as often jumps into my lap and slowly hops to my shirt and goes nuts I’ll pick him up and set him down only for him to Immediately hop back up and do it again
1) Is this normal 2) how can I stop this 3) why would he be doing this
Also ps he has not been neutered yet that’s coming soon but he did this way before puberty started to hit

Neuter may help, but they all have their quirky behaviors. Ours runs around us and will carry large objects after which he will start licking our feet and legs. If I am in pants instead of shorts the pants will get the same treatments you described and so will any shoes worn in his enclosure--the uniform of the day is barefoot and shorts.

Maybe there is something on your shirt or about your shirt that your bunny feels the need to bite and scratch it? Do you have any other pets or where you around other animals when wearing that shirt? Rabbits have a good sense of smell and they know if you have been around other animals. I think neutering your rabbit would be the best course of action. It may be their hormones telling them to act up, scratch and bite things.

Latest posts

Back