Rabbit dentists - Brazil

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MILU

Reaction score
Just in case there are more people in Brazil not knowing where to take their rabbits, this is a good place for dental work - Odontovet. The only problem is that they're dentists only, do not treat any other problems (so, let's say your rabbit has a heart problem after or even during the surgery.. er... they won't won't treat it!!)

Search for "odontovet" on your browser, they have more than 1 unit, but I guess the only that sees rabbits is at Av. Magalhaes de Castro.

Good luck!

Don't ever visit a vet by the last name "Migliano". He could have killed my rabbit giving him antibiotics when he already had intense diarrhea and had dental issues. I didn't let him give any more after the 1st (double) dose, that was a big problem for my rabbit.

This "vet" didn't give the antibiotics willing to cure anything, it was simply because - without even examining my rabbit properly - he was convinced that my bunny didn't have dental spurs and the antibiotics would make him eat (but he had 2 spurs, as verified a few days later by the dentist!). I'm no vet, so at that time I let the bad "vet" give those 2 injections, I believed him. It took a lot of time and prayers to make my bun better. Of course what saved him was the GREAT advice from the heroes of Rabbit Online!

As the dentists at Odontovet will ONLY check the rabbit's teeth, we need a 2nd (3rd, 4th, 5th, 100th) vet to examine other issues, so make sure if you're in BR, you choose a conscious vet. Not that Migliano, he knows NOTHING about rabbits, he even said that zythromax would have made my rabbit throw up, and he said if I didn't see him throwing up it was because he must have done it hidden (but even children know rabbits can't throw up). For these and other things I advise you to go see another vet.

Latest posts

Back