Rabbit coloring??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Reaction score
A92E40BD-E8F6-4B07-8072-B459B403B40E.jpeg 641E8BFA-CD14-4934-969C-549D165A2C30.png Hello everyone, Im new to bunny world, (about 1wk now) and in 7th heaven. I’m already so in love with this little guy its crazy! I find myself smiling all the time cuz he is just sooo sweet and cute. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what his coloring might be called? His name is Winston and he is about 10 weeks old and he is a Holland Lop. Oh, also will his coloring change as he ages? or will it stay the same as it is now? I love his coloring but I don’t know if bunnies change coloring as they age like puppies for instance. I know some computer screens can alter colors a bit, so he seems too be a greyish color with a kinda tannish color mixed in, he also has a tannish spot on his scruff, and some lighter whitish coloring on his feet. He appears to have 3 colors mixed together of: grey, tan and white. Thanks for any help :)

Hi I don’t know much about all the names for colours, but I can tell you my bunny changed colour since we got her - she used to be pure black with grey mane and bottom, but now she has flecks of brown throughout and the grey is less pronounced :)
Your bunny looks super chill though, looks like he’s settling in well :)

Last edited:
Here’s some brown tinged bunny :D

Attachments

• DFF55EEA-BA58-4905-8A4F-C7B24901C8A2.jpeg
    DFF55EEA-BA58-4905-8A4F-C7B24901C8A2.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 23
  • DB50AB17-9491-4D63-B456-8A34834DD7B1.jpeg
    DB50AB17-9491-4D63-B456-8A34834DD7B1.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for color info. :) I sorta hope he keeps his color but I’ll love him regardless. He seems happy and I hope he is. I’m feeding him his pellets out of my hand and he is climbing on me so maybe he is comfortable already. I love the bunny pictures too, very cute photos :)

View attachment 37270 View attachment 37269 Hello everyone, Im new to bunny world, (about 1wk now) and in 7th heaven. I’m already so in love with this little guy its crazy! I find myself smiling all the time cuz he is just sooo sweet and cute. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what his coloring might be called? His name is Winston and he is about 10 weeks old and he is a Holland Lop. Oh, also will his coloring change as he ages? or will it stay the same as it is now? I love his coloring but I don’t know if bunnies change coloring as they age like puppies for instance. I know some computer screens can alter colors a bit, so he seems too be a greyish color with a kinda tannish color mixed in, he also has a tannish spot on his scruff, and some lighter whitish coloring on his feet. He appears to have 3 colors mixed together of: grey, tan and white. Thanks for any help :)
He looks like a grey shaded to me

View attachment 37270 View attachment 37269 Hello everyone, Im new to bunny world, (about 1wk now) and in 7th heaven. I’m already so in love with this little guy its crazy! I find myself smiling all the time cuz he is just sooo sweet and cute. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what his coloring might be called? His name is Winston and he is about 10 weeks old and he is a Holland Lop. Oh, also will his coloring change as he ages? or will it stay the same as it is now? I love his coloring but I don’t know if bunnies change coloring as they age like puppies for instance. I know some computer screens can alter colors a bit, so he seems too be a greyish color with a kinda tannish color mixed in, he also has a tannish spot on his scruff, and some lighter whitish coloring on his feet. He appears to have 3 colors mixed together of: grey, tan and white. Thanks for any help :)

He looks kinda harlequinish

lol on all the different views, I couldn't figure it out on my own, and don't really understand how it is determined, but I can say: He is adorable no mater the color, I just love him! Thanks everyone :) It's been two weeks now and I'm in bunny heaven.

Your bunny look to have agouti color like mine because of the gray mixed with brown color.

A really cute lop bunny :)

Clarissa's Rabbitry has a bunny picture on her FB Page that looks exactly like my little bunny. So I messaged her and she was nice enough to tell me the color is in fact: "Chestnut agouti" ...So, thank you everyone for your help, I'm excited to learn what his coloration is called. I'm still trying to learn all the different patterns, but it's a lot for a new bunny person. I'll get there :) Thanks again

Yep definitely a chestnut Agouti. He will stay mostly the same color as he ages.

My chestnut Agouti rocky would molt and change colors all the time. They get literally tan lines where there is new and old hair growth. That’s about all the changes your bun will go through

Yep definitely a chestnut Agouti. He will stay mostly the same color as he ages.

My chestnut Agouti rocky would molt and change colors all the time. They get literally tan lines where there is new and old hair growth. That’s about all the changes your bun will go through

Latest posts

Back