Rabbit chewing on litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpingBerry

Reaction score
I have a young (4 month old) rabbit that likes to chew on her litter box. She had a large corner litter box but was peeing over the edges so I bought a large cat litter box and put in her cage last weekend. She has chewed a considerable amount of this litter box. There is a section of few inches where the top part has been chewed off, plus a hole about 1 1/2 inches.

What can I use or do to help minimize or eliminate her chewing on her litter box? I have looked into metal litter boxes but I need one that has 4+ inch sides all around and can't find anything like that. She will be about 6 - 8 pounds fully grown so needs a fairly large litter box.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue with mine. I actually just got one of those aluminum trays that people sometimes use to cook pasta in, and folded down one side so they could get in. They haven't chewed on it at all since I put it in. That might be worth a try!

My bun does the same. I'm getting the supplies to build her a nice big cage on Friday and I will be making adjustments to a lot of things like her litter box. There are porcelain ones you can buy, that way they won't chew on them or move them around (mine loves to move the litter box out of the way and pee where it was lol)

Have you tried giving her more food stuff to chew on, rabbits chew sometimes cause there bored.

Have you tried giving her more food stuff to chew on, rabbits chew sometimes cause there bored.

She has hay in her litter box, and wood, wicker, and other toys to chew on and play with. She seems to like chewing on her litter box the best.

Far as my bunny goes, that never worked. She just chews on everything still no natter how many toys and chews she has. Some bunnies just like being little Menace's

Latest posts

Back