Rabbit chewed LIVE wire!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
So four days ago , my rabbit chewed a live wire that was connected to the washer , since then she's stopped eating , what should i do , i can't get her to the vet .

Her not eating could be completely unrelated or may be. Though any rabbit not eating for more than 12-24 hours is considered an emergency, or any rabbit not eating and has bloat for any amount of time is an emergency.

If this isn't the case with your rabbit yet, I will usually encourage eating by offering my rabbits favorite greens and giving baby gas drops(info in link), and that will usually do the trick and get them back to eating most of the time. However, if there is some other underlying illness causing the lack of appetite(such as internal damage from electrocution), taking the rabbit to the vet is essential to get the problem properly diagnosed. And in some instances it can be an immediate life threatening emergency.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Also fyi, damaged wires from rabbits chewing them, can be a fire hazard and has definitely happened where a fire broke out. So be cautious about that, protect any undamaged wires from possible chewing, and make sure any damaged wires are properly taken care of.

Her not eating could be completely unrelated or may be. Though any rabbit not eating for more than 12-24 hours is considered an emergency, or any rabbit not eating and has bloat for any amount of time is an emergency.

If this isn't the case with your rabbit yet, I will usually encourage eating by offering my rabbits favorite greens and giving baby gas drops(info in link), and that will usually do the trick and get them back to eating most of the time. However, if there is some other underlying illness causing the lack of appetite(such as internal damage from electrocution), taking the rabbit to the vet is essential to get the problem properly diagnosed. And in some instances it can be an immediate life threatening emergency.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Also fyi, damaged wires from rabbits chewing them, can be a fire hazard and has definitely happened where a fire broke out. So be cautious about that, protect any undamaged wires from possible chewing, and make sure any damaged wires are properly taken care of.
It kept tripping the switches .

It's possible she has an electrical burn inside her mouth causing pain and that is why she will only eat soft foods. Just a guess though, I could be wrong.

Hi.
If you cant get to a vet, call one and ask what treatment would help her mouth.
She must be sore, or hard foods are rubbing against her injury. Or she's just in shock, not the electrical kind. For the future, buy those hard plastic cord protectors. They usually come in meters so you only need a few. Theyre not expensive. Keep checking if theres any blood as well, coming from her mouth while she's eating.
Good luck ❤️

Hi.
If you cant get to a vet, call one and ask what treatment would help her mouth.
She must be sore, or hard foods are rubbing against her injury. Or she's just in shock, not the electrical kind. For the future, buy those hard plastic cord protectors. They usually come in meters so you only need a few. Theyre not expensive. Keep checking if theres any blood as well, coming from her mouth while she's eating.
Good luck ❤️
Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This happened almost a week ago and your rabbit is still having issues and getting worse. Vets being closed is not an excuse for not taking her in because they were likely open at one point this past week.
You should have an appointment scheduled for monday at the very least or find someone else who is willing to look after her properly.
She needs to be able to eat large amounts of long strand hay... NOT cut up.
Take your rabbit to a vet!

This happened almost a week ago and your rabbit is still having issues and getting worse. Vets being closed is not an excuse for not taking her in because they were likely open at one point this past week.
You should have an appointment scheduled for monday at the very least or find someone else who is willing to look after her properly.
Wait you mean i have to give her away cause i'm not caring for her ????

I can get her to my rabbit savvy vet tommorow at 8.00 am .

Latest posts

Back