Rabbit castration

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big bunny fam

Reaction score
Hi!
We just had a surprise litter, did separate the male the instant we found out the female is pregnant,and he is feeling very sad without his best friend, they are very closely bonded. She doesn't accept anyone but him. To keep them together we will neuter the male, but will the female remember him after the operation?
Thank you!

I would think so. Male-female bonds are the most frequent and more easy, and when she has fond memories of him I wouldn't worry much. I would seperate them so that they still can see each other, and arrange the setup so that when the time comes (6 weeks after neutering him) that they can meet in a neutral space or that she has to go to his space, just to avoid territorial reflexes some does have.

All my bucks were friendly to kits, even ones they never met before, but there were problems when the bucklings were comming of age, they attacked the buck 3 times their size, but by that time they need to be seperated form any doe anyway.

Latest posts

Back