Rabbit Breeds I want to Own

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
We've done this before, but I'm in the mood to do it again. :)

1. Flemish (again)
  2. Harlequin Mini-Rex
  3. English Lop or Velveteen Lop
  4. Dwarf Hotot
  5. Dwarf
I may add more later!

more and more, i think nut puppet is a mix. i love him to pieces, but i do want to own an actual flemish giant some day.

mini or french lop
english angora
rhinelander

there are several other breeds that i would like to own, and wouldn't pass up if one came my way, but those are the only ones i can see myself actually seeking out.

Elf Mommy wrote:
We've done this before, but I'm in the mood to do it again. :)
  1. Flemish (again)
  2. Harlequin Mini-Rex
  3. English Lop or Velveteen Lop
  4. Dwarf Hotot
  5. Dwarf
I may add more later!
Well, I do know where you can get a black, light gray or steel flemish! :D

I would love to own a mini lop again. I regret rehoming the one we had - but I really believe he went to an awesome 4H home and was probably very loved.

I think I might like to own a Continental Giant and a Palomino someday.

Then again - if I could find a SWEET Netherland dwarf - I might consider that.

Mini rex is another possibility but I'd want to get one from Roger (RAL Rabbitry).

I can't think of any others right off.

Flemmie will probably have to wait until my kids are grown. If you're still breeding and willing, you already know which color makes me coo! ;) hehe

At the moment, I want a Tan. It's too bad I have to wait 26 more days to get them. :big wink: I did only want 1, but am now getting 2.

Other than that I don't have any breeds that I really want.

I adore my minilop and will probably always have that breed.

My english angora makes me laugh so hard I can't get mad at him even when he's bad (reminds me of what a rock star puppet on the muppets would look like).

I would love a flemish giant or elop, but I'm afraid it might be too much bun for me to handle at times.

I would also love a holland lop but concerned the small size would make it prey for my cats.

My top 3 would be
1. Flemish- which I own Lilly, I will be selling the kits and Bella
2. Dutch- I hope to be getting breeding pair end of june
3. Holland lop- this one will have to wait

Elf Mommy wrote:
Flemmie will probably have to wait until my kids are grown. If you're still breeding and willing, you already know which color makes me coo! ;) hehe
Aw shucks...and here I have some steel and black boys I'll be selling soon - and breeding for the light grays on July 1st. I can hardly wait till then - well - 31 days from then really.

MiniLopHop wrote:
I adore my minilop and will probably always have that breed.

My english angora makes me laugh so hard I can't get mad at him even when he's bad (reminds me of what a rock star puppet on the muppets would look like).

I would love a flemish giant or elop, but I'm afraid it might be too much bun for me to handle at times.

I would also love a holland lop but concerned the small size would make it prey for my cats.
If you get them when they're young and teach them early that you're the big Kahuna....its really not bad.

I handle mine a fairly decent amount and yeah - I get some scratches when they get nervous but they're just soooo worth it.

Then there are brats like Ellie Mae (E-lop) who thinks she should rule the house and anything in it.

But I can pick her up pretty easy too...

1. Jamora (not in USA/England, harlequin colored, "dwarf angora", I already have one..)
2. Harlequin (/magpie)
3. Jersey wooly (doesn't exist here in finland, so it would just be netherland dwarf with longer fur!)
4. Dwarf hotot OR bew polish
5. Mini-rex dalmatian

I just love holland lops and flemish...I think I will always have abonded duo of these two! Too cute to see the size difference :inlove:!

One day, I'd love to get an english angora (one so fluffy that you can't see its face, lol), french or english lop, and standard rex.

TinysMom wrote:
Then again - if I could find a SWEET Netherland dwarf - I might consider that.

My BUTTERCUP Peg.

Honestly he is the Best, Sweetest, Most Loveable Bunny in the whole world. Just ask Haley, Elaine who have recieved kisses from him.:big kiss::heartbeat::inlove::heartshearts:big kiss::heartbeat::inlove::heartslove::hearts

Susan:)

Well, right now, any type of rabbit would be fine, since I don't have one XD There's a mixed breed rabbit at a shelter nearby that looks adorable and sounds sweet, and I've been thinking of asking my parents if I could meet and possibly adopt him.

Anyway, my list, in no specific order or preference:

Holland Lop
Mini Rex
Mini Lop
English Lop
English Spot

Really, I've got all the breeds I have really wanted right now! I have a Belgian Hare, Holland Lop and a Tan (Admittedly crossed with a Belgian, but he has the Tan personality and body type, so close enough :p) but there are a few that I want to have at one point in my life.

1. Flemish Giant
2. Dwarf Hotot
3. Mini Rex (We had one for a few monthes but when his aggression got to the point of being dangerous we gave him back to the breeder)
4. English Lop

Honestly though, I don't really seeing me going out and picking based on breed or anything, we really just rescue anything that needs a home rather then "shopping around", with the exception of our Belgian Hare.

Latest posts

Back