Rabbit Breeding Game Beta Art

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackelope

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been working on some images of rabbits that can be easily recolored, possibly for a breeding game. Here are some previews and a few questions if you'd like to give me some feedback! (much appreciated)

1. Do you think I should make real breed bases, or should this comprise of all imaginary breeds (many based on real ones)?
2. Should there be fantasy colors and breeds? For example, rabbits with wings and unnatural colors?
3. Do you think colors should blend? For example, the Sable Point below does not have any blending colors. Do you like it that way, or think it would look better if the dark marking on its face blended into the light?
4. Do you like the bright pink inside the ears as shown on the Blue English Spots, or do you prefer the more realistic grayish pink for darkly colored rabbits?

Any other thoughts? I plan on making more bases/breeds pretty soon.

rabbit300_zps94022815.png
esbluedoe_zpsc47b4112.png

goldesb_zps4ae0b00a.png
goldes_zps801c7531.png

chocdutchb_zps3169cfda.png
chocdutchd_zps202fad8f.png

sablepoint2_zpsdcdb6892.png
sablepoint_zps337167cd.png

rabbit_zps3f65405c.png

I am also looking for people with web development skills who would be interested in helping with this If you are interested, please contact me over skype (tororoplz) or AIM ([email protected]).

How cute :D

1. I would stick with real breed bases, that's what people want to see (or at least what I would want to see).
2. I'm not sure I like the idea of fantasy breeds, but possibly include some fantasy colours that are considered "rare" or special to get.
3. The lack of blending doesn't bother me :)
4. While the bright pink ears are cute, I should think stick with what's typical for the breed.

Is there going to be a rating system for how well you've bred your rabbits and how they match the breed standard? Or is that too complex? But I think it would be cool, because then you're actually working towards a goal. (and promoting good breeding) ;)

Thanks for the input, Azerane! I'm doing all the ears realistically now, and am going to focus on getting real rabbit colors drawn first. Then we'll see about fantasy ones. I'm not sure what breed the first one I did would be. It looks a bit like a Mini Rex. I'm thinking I'll make it loosely based off real rabbit breeds rather than exactly.

Here's some previews of two different breeds in the broken sable point variety.

brokensablepoint2_zpsa23cde09.png
brokensablepoint_zps5af51149.png

brokennsablepoint_zps5994f1d3.png
brokensablep_zpsf564f930.png

Definitely stick with like cell shaded images, don't do a ton of blending imho.

ommmg how exciting

Those look lovely! I love the english spots :)

For the sable point, I don't think there should be a ton of blending, but soft edges would be a bit nicer, IMO.

Just curious - will you have 'mismarks' drawn on as well, or will that just go under the rabbits statistics (ie, 7/10 for conformation, 2/10 for color)? And will you have the non showable colors pop up as well, or will everything be showable? Or will this game just be for breeding towards your own goal, and no showing involved? Could you mix breed the rabbits?

LOL, sorry if all the questions are annoying. I think this would be a wonderful game! And I think there should be special rabbits, but hard to get. I do think there should be a fantasy breed with wings, though. That'd be adorable. But all natural or semi natural colors - the chicken game (can't think of it) was ruined because the chickens could be neon green or jet black :nono so.. More natural colors, I understand a bit of blue there on a fantasy breed (given you do them), but don't go overboard, please. Lol.

This looks fun - I'm excited!

Latest posts

Back