Rabbit Books Pirated

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Just received this email. Thought I would share in case anyone comes across these books being available on the net...

> Hello Everyone -
>
> This last week I learned that "When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care" and "A House Rabbit Primer" had been pirated and were being offered as free downloads.
>
> I need your help. If you know who has done this, please ask them to stop. I understand that whoever copied the books and offered them online probably thought they were helping rabbits by offering the information free.
>
> However, it does not help rabbits; it ends up harming them. Because if the publisher does not make enough money on books to cover his costs and give a little profit, he will stop publishing them and refuse other rabbit projects in the future.
>
> Additionally, it harms the rabbit rescue organizations and and rabbit businesses who are able to purchase at a discount and make a small profit reselling them. If they don't make a little profit, they will quit carrying them.
>
> It harms me too, although not as much as the above two, because I am on the bottom here to begin with. I want to share with everyone on TNR what I actually make on my rabbit books. I received my royalties this last week. For six months and two rabbit books I made $202.67. Obviously I am unable to pay many bills with this amount. I truly write these books for love of rabbits.
>
> While there are a few lucky people in the creative arts (that is, writers, artists, dancers, and musicians)who make big money, the vast majority of us struggle to survive on the very bottom financially.
>
> Whether it is my books, or Kathy's, or Nancy's or Evonne's art or anyone's creative work - please give us the chance to do what we do best - please don't take advantage of pirated creative works.
>
> I would appreciate anyone who belongs to other rabbit lists cross-posting this.
>
> >
> Lucile

Makes me want to go out and buy a copy just to support them. We NEED more rabbit books available to the general public and this will only hurt the chances of that continuing to happen.

It's listed as a free download on this site http://www.free-ebook-download.net

Don't know anything about the site of if it's safe to even click on anything, but found it on a search when I looked for free downloads of the book for info on this post.

Sinceit's easy topurchase the ebook, I would imagine that any number of people could be illegallydistributing it. :(

Pam

That's just awful.:(

I hope nobody here has taken advantage of that. The authors do a ton of work for obviously very little pay. There's no money in this because there's not a large enough market.

Just one more reason for people to go out and BUY these books, aside from the fact that they're fabulous.

Latest posts

Back