Rabbit bonding any advice please ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuffinNibblesmollyXOXO

Reaction score
Hi so I'm thinking of getting a third rabbit I currently have 2 bonded bunny's muffin(male) and nibbles (female) muffin is neutered but nibbles is not spayed ...

if I get a female bunny will they fight and if I get a male rabbit and neuter him and introduce them will they fight or not if so I'll have reconsider getting another bun
Thanks in advance
Micaela

I think you are better off sticking with your current pair. Sometimes adding a third rabbit can work out just fine, but it can also not and can even cause the current pair to fight and break up permanently.

If it is still something you are considering, you need to go into it being prepared for it not to work out, having to either keep that rabbit separate or finding a buddy for that rabbit as well. And you also need to be ready for the possibility of the two you have, fighting and not getting along any more. Though this won't necessarily happen and adding a third can work out perfectly sometimes, the worst can also happen and this needs to be a consideration before going into this.

If you still want to look into it, I would suggest reading about bonding multiple rabbits.
http://www.thebunnychick.com/category/bonding/

I thought it over and I think I'm gonna go ahead and get another bunny anyway ... I might be getting it this weekend is there any chance after the bunny has settled in that I can start the bonding process or is it to soon ?

I wouldn't get a female with an unspayed female. The hormones can lead to fights. I actually wouldn't get another rabbit at all without first spaying your female. It makes everything safer and smoother as far as bonding.

Thanxs for all the advise I'm going to spay my rabbit nibbles and I'm getting a third rabbit tomorrow she's so sweet and so small she's a girl so I'll be spaying her to when she's old enough
she's a mini lop I'll attach some photos when I get her

She looks like she has some lionhead in her as well to me. What a cutie!

Yea she does maby it's her baby fur idk we'll see when she grows up xoxo I have just fallen in love with her she is the sweetest thing so friendly and loves attention !

Latest posts

Back