Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosiesnowiebunny

Reaction score
hello. I’m new here and I need help. Currently i have 2 bunnies. My first every pets and rabbits.

R Female - April 2021 -> 11 months (spayed)

S Female - April 2021 -> 4 months (waiting until around 6-7months to get spayed)

Not siblings, no relations to each other.

1. I was wondering if it’s okay to get both R & S bonded after S spayed &recover after surgery? Is the age gap to big?

2. can female & female rabbits be bonded?

3. what else do I need to know regarding big age gap bonding rabbit ? And same gender bonding?

both rabbits are not living together atm. Both have separate rooms. I do think that they both realized that there’s another rabbit living next their rooms. Cause they always go to the door to dig around. Is that a weird behavior? are they not supposed to be put in a room next to each other?

i’m in a country that has few knowledge on neutered/ spayed rabbits society so I need more help on the internet. Hope someone can help me

Last edited:
Welcome :)

1. Actually, they are almost the same age, that shouldn't be an issue once they are spayed. It's not like one bunny is 8 years older, or so.

2. Yes, if the personalities are compatible. Girls have a somewhat bigger repertoire in social interactions than males, but it is not 100% guaranteed that it works out, some rabbits just cant get along. Most do though.

Digging and trying to interact is completly normal, but I would get them both fixed and heal up before you start bonding. Different rooms are fine.

Welcome :)

1. Actually, they are almost the same age, that shouldn't be an issue once they are spayed. It's not like one bunny is 8 years older, or so.

2. Yes, if the personalities are compatible. Girls have a somewhat bigger repertoire in social interactions than males, but it is not 100% guaranteed that it works out, some rabbits just cant get along. Most do though.

Digging and trying to interact is completly normal, but I would get them both fixed and heal up before you start bonding. Different rooms are fine.

pheewww thank you so much. I got so worried when I read online that an age gap are not recommended. Yes, I plan to wait until atleast 6 months and then will bring to my vet and ask for consultation for spaying.

hopefully when the times come, the bonding will be easy and both can get along. fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back