Rabbit bloat help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drk_exoticsun

Reaction score
I am no medical professional or vet. This is to hopfully help someone who is in my situation. So i noticed my rabbit wasn't moving eating or pooping. I looked it up and he had all the symptoms of bloat. His belly was round and hard he wasn't eating or drinking and I felt defeated cuz everything said vet or death. It was Saturday night nothing's open till Monday and i don't have any money! Well i went to Google and watched a video on belly massages for rabbit bloat. My bf suggested pepto bismol so I looked it up and found that it's ok to give a rabbit. So I gave him 1ml threw a baby syringe and a belly massage. 10 mins later he was drinking water and moved a little! So threw out the night I did the same every 4 hours and by morning he was drinking more, moving more and his belly went down! So around 830am I did the same. I went out and got him baby gass drops. By 11am he pooped! I gave him some gass drops and by this time he's moving around more and it's becoming a lil harder to put a syringe in his mouth. It was easier when he was lethargic. Well by 12pm he pooped more! His poops were strung togeather so he might have a slight blockage. Its 130pm right now and I think this is working. I was thinking about giving him some lactulose (a liquid laxative) I read online they did test on rabbits with it so I thought it would help him poop but now that I saw some poop I'll hold off on that for now. You guys can give me all the crap you want but it was eaither do nothing and watch him die or try anything to help and hope for the best. At this point idk what's going to happen but he seems to be doing a lot better. He did what looked like he was starting to eat his litter so I took that away he'll just have to poop in the corner for now. So yeah im just posting this to hopfully help anyone who is in my situation. Poor due to life throwing curves or need to get threw the weekend till a vet is open.

Latest posts

Back