Rabbit bites other rabbit when he gets too close

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isaac12

Reaction score
So I’m currently bonding 2 rabbits (Nala and Snowy) so they’ve been ignoring each other for the most part but sometimes Snowy will check out Nala a bit but Nala lunges at him and bites him when he gets too close. Nala will occasionally chase after him but other than that she’s not that aggressive. Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Oh yeah I forgot to say how long. They have both been spayed for more than a year now.

What bunnies do is they establish a hierarchy within their warrens. Chasing and nipping is part of it to a point, just watch them and if don't let it go on excessively to make sure neither bun gets hurt. Lucas provided a good source to help you understand the behavior. I freaked out too when I started bonding my pair.

Giving treats, greens and forced snuggles when the rabbits are close together is a great positive reinforcement. Giving good things to the bunnies when they are interacting will give them the understanding that good things happen when they are near the other rabbit. If you keep this up the nipping should start to die down (at least it did in my experience). Hope this helps, good luck!

Doing forced snuggles is hard because I have to pick up a rabbit and then Put it down, and when I do that they usually freak out a bit because they’re close to the other bunny and run away for a second. But thank you, I will try a bit more with that

Well you could put them in a carrier together and go for a car ride (so that they are trapped together) like
Aspen’s buns said

Latest posts

Back