Rabbit behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunbun19

Reaction score
Hi guys my 5/6 month old female bunny has been acting strange lately especially today she’s been extremely energetic like running laps around the house at top speed, she’s been thumping her foot a lot after she’s done the laps and she’s also been nipping me and humping my arm. She seems quite happy and she’s still eating and drinking, well not eating as much hay as I’d like but she’s still eating, also she is litter trained but lately she has been pooping everywhere especially my bed

Sounds like you have a teenage bunny with an increase in hormones :)

Rabbits will reach a hormonal peak around 5/6 months and they can act strangely like humping and acting more aggressive/energetic.
It’s especially noticeable in bucks as they tend to try to pee and mount everything lol.
As for the pooping in your bed part, she is marking her territory and claiming the space as hers.
In a month or so she might calm down a bit after she goes through bunny maturity. Have you gotten her spayed? If not, getting her spayed can calm down these behaviors.

Hi, welcome to the club :)
This is typical for her age she's just growing up and starting acting like a teenager, it's hormonal and can be cured with spaying her or sometimes they are getting better after they are about one year old and just overgrow their problems, but most people would recommend to spay her as it is most effective way to stop this

Sounds like you have a teenage bunny with an increase in hormones :)

Rabbits will reach a hormonal peak around 5/6 months and they can act strangely like humping and acting more aggressive/energetic.
It’s especially noticeable in bucks as they tend to try to pee and mount everything lol.
As for the pooping in your bed part, she is marking her territory and claiming the space as hers.
In a month or so she might calm down a bit after she goes through bunny maturity. Have you gotten her spayed? If not, getting her spayed can calm down these behaviors.
No she’s not spayed yet but I am planning to do that thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back