Rabbit bed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimoomin

Reaction score
So yesterday I made this rabbit(or animal) bed out of an old blanket and pillow. And I was wondering if anyone has a rabbit bed which their bun sleeps in? What does your bun bed look like? I'm going to introduce it to my bun next week and hopefully she'll use it! If not I guess I have another cat bed :p

View attachment 1424671153736.jpg

Funny this subject is coming up. Originally we tried this with out duo, making a homemade bed that looks very similar but there was no interest and a store bought one. Flash forward a year and as we're getting supplies for a new puppy we lay down the old dog bed we tried with them as well and this is our result.It seems we have lost the dog bed...

Photo Feb 23, 00 15 58.jpg

Funny this subject is coming up. Originally we tried this with out duo, making a homemade bed that looks very similar but there was no interest and a store bought one. Flash forward a year and as we're getting supplies for a new puppy we lay down the old dog bed we tried with them as well and this is our result.It seems we have lost the dog bed...

Oh my gosh! That's adorable! I'm just hoping my bun doesn't decide the bed would make a good litter box...

I have tried several pet beds. Unfortunately, they end up chewing most of them. This is the only one they seemed to not destroy. but it was too small for the two to share.

100_7822.jpg

Sophie would use that as a litter box lol. She likes peeing on soft, squishy things so she doesn't get a bed. She either sleeps on a coir fibre mat or on the carpet or Lino in her condo.

(Sorry about the poor photo) Does anyone's bun sleep in this sort of bed? My cats barely use it, and I thought I might introduce it to my bun.

I tried one of those with my rabbits - it was on clearance. They chewed it on the inside and started getting to the foam inside, so I had to stop using it.
It depends on the bunny, though. Maybe yours won't chew it.

We use memory foam bath mats, this is their favorite spot to sleep, under a cabinet. So easy to vacuum and wash too. Not great for chewers, but our two are pretty well behaved, plus we supervise whenever they're running about.

image.jpg

We use memory foam bath mats, this is their favorite spot to sleep, under a cabinet. So easy to vacuum and wash too. Not great for chewers, but our two are pretty well behaved, plus we supervise whenever they're running about.

Adorable!!!

@ stevesmum, we had that exact memory foam mat. It worked great for close to a year with no chewing at all. Then, out of the blue, they started chewing it. :pullhair:

cage collage (2).jpg

I live in Canada and we have JYSK which is like a lower end ikea, and those bath mats are about $7 each there. Not bad.
@ blue eyes, that is annoying haha, when they get it in their heads to suddenly destroy something. To be honest cali will go on one of her digging and biting sprees sometimes on that very mat, and steve likes to have the occasional pee there. But so far luckily no foam has been eaten and she gets in trouble for abusing the mat. I wish their nesting instincts went with our home decorating :)

Latest posts

Back