Rabbit ate lime peel ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Reaction score
Is lime peels bad for rabbits ? Because my bun definitely ate some lime peels. This morning I let Corrie out before I went to online school, but little did I know there was a lime on the flood, as a curious bun Corrie is she nibbled/ate the lime peel, it seems like she didn't really like it, so she didn't go back to eat more (thankfully). Is there any ways to see if she is poisoned, what should I do ?

If you google "animal poison control," you will find some helplines to call, the ASPCA and vet clinics etc. I have no idea if they charge or how good they are. I have never tried them.

Lime peel won't hurt your bunny. I occasionally feed lemon (find and all) to mine, though only 2/4 like it.

Lime peel won't hurt your bunny. I occasionally feed lemon (find and all) to mine, though only 2/4 like it.
When doing a google search, I find claims that lime peel is toxic to rabbits. What I don't find is evidence that any rabbit has ever gotten sick from eating it. I think that this is one of those things where someone has a theory and puts it out there, and then it gets spread around on the internet as fact.

Latest posts

Back