Rabbit ate half a slice of white bread?!?!?!?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindyrellaz

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
My cat knocked bread off the counter top and I have come in the kitchen noticing my bunny chewing and next to him is half of a piece of white bread. I am very worried as I've heard of bread being terrible, as it is too starchy for their digestive system. I'm worried because it is such a large amount. When should we notice if any changes occur? Also what should I look out for??

Thank you so much to everyone for your help.

You should look out for loss of appetite, pressing his stomach to the ground, lethargic, I would try and give him a small treat every so often and he will most likely take it if he is not in pain just make sure he is eating a lot of hay.

Just keep an eye on him and make sure he eats hay. My bunnies don’t eat soft bread but sometimes they can get crispbread as treats.

Never had a trouble with them eating it. Also had one of my bunnies breaking into the donut box, he ate half a donut glazed with strawberry frosting.

Bunnies will eat whatever they can get. My indoor bunny have eaten a lot of things he’s not supposed to do. From slippers to poisonous plants and chocolate (I was lucky it was the white chocolate he got and not the dark).

I would class white bread as not that dangerous when it comes to my bunnies. But that’s because mine are used with crispbread. A common treat in my country for bunnies.

Keep a watchful eye for the signs @Brie Prsnk said and that he eat a lot of hay.

Also keep an eye on it for the next day. I remember when my bunny got GI stasis after eating slippers, he first got trouble the next day.

He had been eating hay and even ate hay during the early mornings but later he started to act weird and didn’t follow us.

It had nearly gone 24 hours since he had consumed the slippers, until he started to act weird.

Latest posts

Back