Rabbit ate a few bites from an anthurium leaf

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foguinny

Reaction score
Is the anthurium plant poisonous to rabbits? I cannot find credible information online! It has only been about 20 minutes since he had a few bites. What signs should I look out for if it is toxic??

A few bites aren't going to hurt, it is pretty difficult to poison a rabbit. Most of those toxic plant lists, if something is mildly toxic for any species it's there, they can make one paranoid, make you think the whole botany is out to assassinate your bunny whenever you turn around, in reality it's the other way round.

My rabbits enjoy ivy, nibble on lilly of the valley, destroy all kinds of allium plants (no chives for me :(), and do cruel things to whatever they find out there. With no ill effect. They have those big livers for a reason. There's quite some stuff they don't touch though, like common spindle (Euonymus europaeus).

My approach is that the more diverse their diet, and the more they have to chose from, the better they can develop their natural instincts about what to eat, how much of it, or what not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back