Rabbit and noises

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natikat

Reaction score
Hello!
So I was thinking about having a rabbit for mounths now and I moved to a new apartment where I have more space and a good environment for the bunny except one thing: I have bad neighbors. They do a lot of "knocking noises" (I don't know what they do for sure but I think they are grinding Indian spices (sorry if my English is not 100% correct) and they do it like... All day (including in not legal hours in the past as well but that's another topic) so my question is if the bunny will get used to this or if this will get him scared or unhappy ? The noise is not very very loud but it's very repetitive so I'm afraid it will bring any harm to him and I don't want that...
Thank you for the help and if anyone has any questions I'll try my best to answer them.

Rabbits are better with repetitive noises than sudden loud noises. I know a lot of people that play radio or such for their rabbits to get them used to noise. I wouldn't worry about it too much, imo.

Thank you! I'm starting to feel more relieved because if I got a rabbit and it could bother him I prefer not having him I want him happy in his home

My rabbits are ok with every noise, except if it's a barely hearable rustling - then I have to get up in the middle of the night, put gloves on and catch that mouse, rat or whatever ventured into the house, no chance for sleep as long the rabbits hear it.

Fireworks, chopping wood, chainsaw, peening the scyth - doesn't bother them at all. My previous apartment was just a few meters away from a demolition waste recycling plant, they had huge, load machines - rabbits were fine.

Ahahaha where I live except if it's an aventurer one it's rare an animal like that appear
Oh wow that's worse than my case!
Thank you for the support!

One thing though, when he is around you and you hear that noise, either don't react to it or give him a little treat, he might pick up your mood if you act angry, worried or annoyed.

Latest posts

Back