Rabbit affection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanice-Lila

Reaction score
So I don’t know if this is a stupid question as I have done some research on it but wanted to know what other people thought. Is it normal that my rabbit likes kisses? And not only does he like kisses but he gives them back in the form of licking? He is only 9 weeks so could that be why? Don’t get me wrong I love it but I just have never had a rabbit this affectionate before 😊

Baby rabbits often are more inclined to be affectionate, but this may or may not change as your rabbit matures. Mutual grooming(which is essentially what this is) is normal behavior between rabbits, but dominance and hierarchy can determine how this is displayed between individual adult rabbits. For now, enjoy the kisses 💕

This will be more applicable as your rabbit gets older.

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/yeah-baby-i-like-it-like-that/

Baby rabbits often are more inclined to be affectionate, but this may or may not change as your rabbit matures. Mutual grooming(which is essentially what this is) is normal behavior between rabbits, but dominance and hierarchy can determine how this is displayed between individual adult rabbits. For now, enjoy the kisses 💕

This will be more applicable as your rabbit gets older.

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/yeah-baby-i-like-it-like-that/
Thanks for the info 🙂

Your bun is over 8 weeks of age, but just barely. Physical kisses you may want to hold off on for awhile out of an abundance of caution. Young rabbits can still be vulnerable to various pathogens. You can still shower him with pettings and attention (clean hands) -- at least while he's young enough to not resist ;) .

Here's an excerpt from Rabbits: The Mystery of Poop
Without mother's antibodies, complex organic compounds and proper pH environment her milk provides to help protect the baby's intestines, these babies are highly susceptible to over-proliferation of foreign bacteria. One of the most common culprits of runny stool in baby rabbits is accidental infection by the common human intestinal bacterium, Escherichia coli. This is transmitted from humans to baby rabbits during handling, since these bacteria are all over us, not just in our intestines. Handling an unweaned infant rabbit without properly washing and disinfecting one's hands is a good way to transmit these opportunistic pathogens. Even a loving kiss on a too-young baby rabbit's lips can kill. Until a young rabbit is at least eight weeks old, she should not be taken from her mother, as mama's milk affords protection against E. coli and other bacteria until the baby's own immune system can handle them.

Your bun is over 8 weeks of age, but just barely. Physical kisses you may want to hold off on for awhile out of an abundance of caution. Young rabbits can still be vulnerable to various pathogens. You can still shower him with pettings and attention (clean hands) -- at least while he's young enough to not resist ;) .

Here's an excerpt from Rabbits: The Mystery of Poop
Without mother's antibodies, complex organic compounds and proper pH environment her milk provides to help protect the baby's intestines, these babies are highly susceptible to over-proliferation of foreign bacteria. One of the most common culprits of runny stool in baby rabbits is accidental infection by the common human intestinal bacterium, Escherichia coli. This is transmitted from humans to baby rabbits during handling, since these bacteria are all over us, not just in our intestines. Handling an unweaned infant rabbit without properly washing and disinfecting one's hands is a good way to transmit these opportunistic pathogens. Even a loving kiss on a too-young baby rabbit's lips can kill. Until a young rabbit is at least eight weeks old, she should not be taken from her mother, as mama's milk affords protection against E. coli and other bacteria until the baby's own immune system can handle them.
Oh wow i didn’t know that! Thank you for the info

My rabbit loved kisses on the top of her head when she was young. She still absolutely loves them almost a year later. She does not lick me back, but she does lean in to rub her nose on my face. She comes to me and has a certain motion with her head that means she wants kisses. It definitely depends on your rabbit because none of my other ones have ever been this affectionate, but it can also speak to the strength of your bond with your rabbit that it trusts you that much to be that close to you.

My rabbit loved kisses on the top of her head when she was young. She still absolutely loves them almost a year later. She does not lick me back, but she does lean in to rub her nose on my face. She comes to me and has a certain motion with her head that means she wants kisses. It definitely depends on your rabbit because none of my other ones have ever been this affectionate, but it can also speak to the strength of your bond with your rabbit that it trusts you that much to be that close to you.
Aww that’s really cute 🥰 I hope he’ll stay affectionate but I’ll love him either way 😊

Latest posts

Back