rabbit acting odd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunlow

Lunlow
Reaction score
hey :)
i have two bunnies, both are pretty food motivated and are excitable to eat in a morning. today, i heard one of them thumping a LOT before their normal feed time but that can be just them telling me to hurry and usually stops when the food is put down.
when i put their pellets down, (they eat veggies and hay too, no worries there) one went for it but the other didn't want any. her ears were slightly cold and she wasn't moving much, but i got her some veg instead of pellets and she gingerly ate it, whilst thumping. now, 10 minutes later, she's drank, ate some pellets and moved normally and dug at her blanket, groomed herself and all that. it's just odd.
haven't seen her poop yet, but my other rabbit is acting completely normal. it's a quiet house, so i'm not sure what could've scared her and she's pretty hardy and unfazed in the past. if anything, i would expect this from my other rabbit.
she acting normal now, with the exception of the odd unusual sound coming from what sounds like her gut after she started eating, making me think it could be GI stasis, if she wasn't eating normally. it just sounded like normal (admittedly, normal by human standards) digestion sounds.
there is no head tilt either or anything like that, so i'm kinda just hoping she didn't move much during the night and went too long without food/hay?
the room was pretty cold too, so i turned the radiator on, but the house is natually colder in the winter anyways. her ears are warmer than they were earlier.
should i just keep an eye on her in the meantime, in case she stops eating?

She may have just had a bit of an upset stomach and it's passed now. I would suggest to continue to keep an eye on her eating and behavior, to make sure she continues to be ok and to make sure that there's not something still going on there that might require a vet trip.

She may have just had a bit of an upset stomach and it's passed now. I would suggest to continue to keep an eye on her eating and behavior, to make sure she continues to be ok and to make sure that there's not something still going on there that might require a vet trip.
alright, thank you so much. she's flopped out next to my other rabbit now and she's been to the litter trays twice, whether to eat or poop i'm not sure, but she raised her tail and there's fresh poop.
neither of them have had gut problems in the past so it was quite a scare haha, thank you though.

Latest posts

Back