Rabbit 2 weeks Past Her due date

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackrock

Reaction score
Hi, first time poster.

I adopted a rabbit. The adoption agency said when I got her that she maybe pregnant.

an inexperienced employEE put in a buck with her by mistake and thinks he fell off a couple of times.

she built a nest two weeks ago which would have been day 33. No babies. Nest is still there and pulling hair still. Is two weeks past day 28 to much? Could she still kindle?

i have my own buck (c 6 months old not neutered). I’ve read introducing a buck can help move things on?
both mini lops

She would be so obviously pregnant by now, no, after 2 weeks nothing will come. Most likely she wasn't pregnant to start with, then had false pregnancies and built nests. How old is she?

Introducing your buck now would just get her pregnant, if there isn't something wrong with her.

If she would pull hair in earnest, like when building a proper nest, she would be bald by now.

Hi, do you want to breed her or just want her back to normal? If you put them together and they are both intact you can expect babies in 31 days. If she is pregnant she won't accept another male rabbit she can be aggressive towards him.

Where are your rabbits housed can they see/smell each other? This can also be a false pregnancy, usually they start pulling fur and nesting around day 17 and go back to normal in a couple days.

What kind of agency was that usually agencies only rehome neutered/spayed rabbits to prevent irresponsible breeding.

The can smell each other. Multi level hutch.
I got her from a rabbit sanctuary in Glencullen

If she can smell your young male she might just got impressed and thinks she's pregnant. They shouldn't be housed so close it's stress to both of them

I never noticed anything that housing them close stresses them - they know very well what a barrier is. False pregnancys are to be expected, some does are more prone than others.

Just be careful, they can be very determined and resourceful to get to each other.

Latest posts

Back